Thursday, April 15, 2010

She smiles!

We had a really rough day yesterday (Riley 24 days old) - there was not a "wake time" during the day when Riley was not crying, a day that started at 4am, a day where when she would nap, she would somehow wake herself up 15-30 mins later and start crying again. I felt so defeated as a mother. Grant left night class about an hour early to come home because he was worried about both of us. Riley was asleep when he came home, until the dogs barked, so she lay crying in her crib waiting for daddy to come save her. I heard him say "Oh my lord that smile is the cutest ever" and thought, NO WAY. But, he brought her into our bedroom to show me and sure enough, she had a goofy little grin on her face. I could not believe it...after the day of screaming we went through... she smiles!! (saving it for Grant of course, such a daddy's girl already)

Well I got my share's worth of smiles today, although just one smile would have been enough to make up for yesterday. And today Riley had such a great day. Hopefully yesterday was just a fluke. We can all be in a mood every once in a while...

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!!! I love it. I needed something to make me smile and that did it. So precious!

    ReplyDelete